The Chamber's ribbon cutting/groundbreaking package is available only to Chamber members. The Chamber agrees to provide the following promotion of your ceremony as part of the $150 package:
- Contact the Fort Wayne Mayor's office or the Allen County Commissioner's office to seek a representative to attend your event. (The Chamber cannot guarantee a specific representative will attend, nor will be held responsible in case of failure to attend.)
- Send out a media alert to local TV, radio and newspaper news departments to make them aware of your ceremony. (Again, The Chamber cannot guarantee media coverage.)
- Place your event on The Chamber's events calendar.
- Furnish ribbon and our giant pair of scissors for your ribbon cutting or up to a dozen golden shovels for your groundbreaking.
- Provide a Chamber photographer to take photos.
- Afterward, mention your event with a photo on The Chamber's Emphasis Blog.
- Make information and photos available to local media, and to you and your staff, too.
Please contact The Chamber at least three weeks before your event. And please fill out every space in the form; better details make for a better press release. If a space doesn't apply, note it as "n/a."
These events can be scheduled only during normal business hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excepting holidays.
The Chamber will contact public officials and the media after payment is received.