Contact us about sponsorship opportunities
Nomination form for the ATHENA Awards
The ATHENA Award is presented to an individual who is recognized for professional excellence, for providing valuable service to the community and for actively assisting women in their attainment of professional excellence and leadership skills. The ATHENA Award highlights what recipients have accomplished in addition to paving a path for future successes.
The award is established through local host organizations in partnership with ATHENA's national underwriters, local businesses and individual sponsors. By honoring exceptional leaders, the ATHENA Award Program seeks to inspire others to achieve excellence.
ATHENA Leadership Award criteria
ATHENA Award Nominees must meet each of the following three criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in their business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in their community
- Actively assist women in achieving their full leadership potential
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award criteria
ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Nominees are emerging
leaders age 40 or younger who meet each of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in his or her business or profession
- Provide valuable service to improve the quality of life for others in the community
- Clearly serves as a role model for young women both personally and professionally
- ATHENA Award Nominees may represent either the profit or not-for-profit sector, and must work in the Fort Wayne-Northeast Indiana area.
- Previous ATHENA Award Recipients are not eligible for nomination, however past nominees may be nominated again.
- There is no minimum or maximum age qualification that must be met by ATHENA Award Nominees.
- Only one nominee per organization will be considered.
Completing the Nomination Form
- You are encouraged to work closely with your nominee to complete the nomination.
- Nominations for the ATHENA Award must be submitted using this nomination form and format.
- You may include no more than three additional pages of supporting documents (articles, testimonials, etc) with your completed nomination form.
- Deadline for submission is 5 p.m. February 15, 2013.
A Selection Committee, made up of a diverse group of community leaders, will review all nominations and select the ATHENA Leadership Award Recipient. The recipient will be announced at the Ninth Annual Fort Wayne ATHENA Leadership Awards Luncheon.
Contact Eve Colchin, vice president of membership and communication at The Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce, at (260) 424-1435 or email@example.com.